In order to provide some sort of structure to a new feature here at 'Postings From An Edge', here are 10 things about '10 things...'. This will give me a framework from which to write and guidance to any future guest posters.
'10 things...' posts...
- can be a simple text-only list, a collection of multimedia-rich content, or anything in between these two pillars (including only images, only audio or only video).
- can be long or short.
- will come from me or from any guest posters that wish to contribute to the feature.
- can be posted regularly or sporadically.
- must be titled in the same way (beginning with 10 things... and continuing with a grammatically correct rest of sentence) and contain an appropriate collection of meta-tags.
- should be promoted elsewhere on the Web (e.g. on Twitter or Facebook).
- can be about any topic so long as it relates in some way to the concept of 'thinking globally'. Suggestions for specific topics include technology, education, music, activism, Japan, writing, travel or peace.
- can be submitted in a language other than English, so long as an English translation is also provided.
- are intended to encourage comment and interaction.
- must total 10 things. No 9's or 11's (unless it's a '10 things...about 9/11' post). They must also not be abusive or offensive, and use of Creative Commons works are encouraged.
I'll be starting to approach other bloggers I know with requests for contributions, but if you're reading this and would like to write one, please email it in full (title, content and tags) to email@example.com - they'll be published (if they meet the above conditions) following editorial review.