Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Photographs of the Landscape of Oil



For the first time this year, I've missed my target of getting a new video up on the Globalism Films channel every two weeks. Only a few days out at the moment and I hope to pick the momentum back up next weekend, but in the meantime here's the latest one - a fascinating exploration of the impact of oil on the landscape of the planet, as seen through large-scale photography. Edward Burtynsky is the photographer, appearing at a TED Talk last year.

Half of the video (second half) is an ad for IBM. Feel free to skip that part, it's only there due to the licence terms for using the content.

If I wasn't so up to my eyes in deadlines at the moment, there'd also be much more here on the UK election. However, other demands take precedence at the moment. I've possible got a mock exam tomorrow night and they're never fun things to do!

No comments: