Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Back from Argentina

Street scene in Caminito, La Boca, Buenos Aires

I am now back in Japan after two weeks in Argentina. It was my first visit to South America and to get there and back were the longest journeys of my life!

Argentina is a wonderful and fascinating place in so many ways. When I can find the time to do so (naturally, being back in Tokyo, life is suddenly rather hectic again), I aim to write a little about the experience here. There will be a few photo galleries going up too, which will also take me a while.

In the meantime however, I thought it would be good to post a few taster pictures from the trip.

Enjoy what you see and bear with me, there's more on the way!

Icons of Argentina's past look down from a Caminito balcony: l-r, Juan Peron, Eva Peron (Evita), Diego Maradona

Christina Kirchner, Argentina's new and first female president, in a Buenos Aires election poster

Sleeping cat and tomb door at cemetery in Recoleta, Buenos Aires

Tango show in Palermo, Buenos Aires

Echoes of Paris in the streets of Buenos Aires

Student sit-down protest outside the University of Buenos Aires

Street sign in Colonia, Uruguay

Uruguayan plant pot, Colonia

Iguazu Falls, on the borders with Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay

View of Iguazu Falls from the river, Argentinian side

Standing at the 'Devil's Throat', Iguazu Falls

View of the Andes from above, en route to Santiago

No comments: